22.8.14

Undertaker

Although people like to ask you
How have you been
For the sake of knowing things
I don’t know things myself

In my mind
You are still here
Was I this blind?
Your voice seems clear

And I die a little
Every time I feel your
Perfume in the air

Like I died a little
Every time you
Touched my hair

And you used to say
That I took too many photographs
And I guess you were right
They are too many to delete
At the first one I just quit

There is this boy
Who tried to steal my heart
But I don’t know where to start
Because we haven’t reached the end

Except what I write I can’t say
And I learned that from you

Remember those after-midnight conversations?
All those promises when you held me tight?
Love train goes through so many stations
Before you can say it has died

And today I’m an undertaker
Burying you with various words
I wish I had played it safer
But I’ll defeat your ghost with swords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment :)